Jean Chatzky is an author, speaker, and the financial editor for NBC’s Today Show. She was featured on SmallBizChat Live, where Melinda Emerson shares live interviews with small business experts. To see the interview with Jean, click here.
Jean discussed the importance of credit and shared this funny money rule: “Every birthday, you should check for you weight and credit score.” Basically, one should go up and one should go down 😀
This rule inspired me to draw these sketchnotes.
Here are a few tips from Jean to increase your credit score:
- Pay bills on time – every single one of them
- It is good to have a decent mix of credit – not just credit cards but utilities under your name as well, or a good credit standing in paying a car loan.
- Avoid signing up for new credit cards or closing old credit cards.
Have you hear of Jean’s money rule before? Please share and comment below.
Latest posts by Lisa (see all)
- Project: Women In Government Contracting Conference - March 17, 2017
- Project: Social Enterprise Symposium – University of Maryland - March 12, 2017
- My Podcast Interview: Capture You Audience Through Visual Marketing - March 6, 2017